Since I rarely work from a recipe, my Honey Teriyake sauce changes each time. But it is basically:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons ginger dressing or 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons teriyake sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Add chicken thighs (still frozen if you like) to crock pot, then pour sauce over chicken. Set to High (4 hours min if using thawed chicken or 6 hours min if using frozen). After a few hours, work the frozen chicken apart with a spoon and redistribute sauce over all chicken.
This chicken can be sliced and served over fried rice, regular rice, noodles or a garden salad. Extra chicken is great on sandwiches or stir fries later in the week.