- Marinade about a pound of medium size shrimp (vein and tail removed) in the juice of one lemon, salt and pepper for 30 minutes before next step.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Crush 3 garlic cloves with the flat part of a knife or your hand and toss into the butter until fragrant and remove before they get too brown.
- Add shrimp to pan until pink. Set to the side.
- Prepare garden salad - I used cucumber and carrots over romaine and radicchio.
- Create dressing - Add to coffee mug (I use coffee mug because I can easily hold it and my hand blender fits nicely) one avocado, juice of one lime, 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons white wine (optional), 2 tablespoons water (increase if omitting wine). Mix with hand blender until creamy.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, and plate. Add the warm shrimp on top.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Shrimp over Green Salad w/Avocado Vinaigrette
That's a mouthful - literally! This is a quick and easy dinner for anyone, especially those watching their carb intake.